Does Medicare Cover Gym Membership?
You may be surprised to know that Medicare gym memberships or fitness packages may be included in your health insurance coverage. This benefit is included on many Medicare supplement (Medigap) and Medicare Advantage (Part C) plans in New Jersey. Original Medicare, Parts A and B, and Prescription drug plans (Part D) do not include any sort of gym or fitness benefits.
Medicare gym memberships can be extremely valuable to your long-term health and happiness. The benefits of regular exercise include lower blood pressure, lower cholesterol, and a lower risk of a major health event such as a stroke or heart attack. Gyms can also be a good place to meet like-minded people or catch up on your favorite television show while racking up the steps on a treadmill.
One reason your Medicare plan may include gym membership is that regular trips to the gym will help you stay healthier. Insurance companies are looking for ways to keep their policyholders in good health which leads to lower healthcare costs and fewer claims for your insurance to pay. It is a rare win-win situation for all parties
Do New Jersey Medicare Advantage plans include gym memberships?
All New Jersey Medicare Advantage plans include either free Medicare gym membership or reimbursement for your gym membership. Check with your plan to see which benefits are included.
Plans that offer reimbursement allow you to go to any gym or fitness location, however, Medicare Advantage plans that include membership require you to frequent gym locations that participate in your health insurance. These programs are not limited to gyms, other health-related classes such as yoga studios, pilates classes, or woman-only fitness may be included. Some health clubs even include pools or classes designed specifically for seniors. If you prefer to break a sweat at home you can download or stream workout videos on-demand and purchase workout equipment mailed to you such as resistance bands or a Fit Bit.
Do New Jersey Medicare Supplement plans include gym memberships?
Medicare Supplement plans are standardized meaning the healthcare benefits and out-of-pocket costs are the same depending on the carrier. A few insurance companies include extra benefits on top of regular healthcare benefits such as gym membership. Review the benefits in your coverage to determine if the Medicare Supplement includes gym membership.
Get More Information about New Jersey Medicare Plans
Want to know whether you have Medicare gym membership with your insurance plan? Feel free to call New Jersey Medicare Brokers at 800-797-0605 or schedule an appointment with our online calendar.
- What are my dental insurance options while on Medicare?
- 2024 Changes to the NJ PAAD and Senior Gold programs: GSK and Eli Lily Participation
- Medicare and Social Security updates for 2024
- 2024 Medicare Enrollment Period
- Medicare Announces Price Negotiations on 10 Prescriptions
- New and Expanded state assistance programs for Seniors in New Jersey - NJ PAAD, Senior Gold, NJ Freeze & Stay NJ
- Supporting a loved one on Medicare in New Jersey
- Five reasons to work with a Medicare Insurance Broker in New Jersey
- NJ FamilyCare, PAAD, and Senior Gold Renewal- Post COVID-19 Emergency Declaration
- 6 Ways to Prepare for Medicare if You’re Working Past 65
- Medicare updates for 2023!
- Medicare Annual Election Period ends 12/7 and NJ State Assistance thresholds have updated for 2023!
- Medicare Advantage Versus Medicare Supplement – What’s the difference?
- Shingles vaccines are $0 in 2023 thanks to the Inflation Reduction Act!
- Medicare Premium is Going Down in 2023! Medicare Annual Enrollment Period is here!
- Protecting Yourself Against Medicare Scams
- Medicare changes when moving to or from New Jersey
- Medicare Premium Payment Options
- NJ PAAD and Senior Gold raised their qualifications by $10,000 in 2022!
- The Medicare Advertisements should stop after December 7th!
- Medicare Open Enrollment Period Continues Until December 7th
- 2022 Medicare Open Enrollment Period
- What will you be billed for a hospital stay with Medicare coverage?
- Understanding Medicare and IRMAA - Income Related Monthly Adjustment Amount
- Does Medicare Cover Gym Membership?
- Are you insured when traveling with Medicare?
- Medicare and Dental
- What to Know when you Qualify for Medicare due to Disability in New Jersey
- What to Know About Medicare and COBRA
- What to Know About Visiting a New Jersey Social Security / Medicare Office
- Options for New Jersey Prescription Help
- How Important is the Medicare Star Rating?
- Medicare Assignment
- Why Should You Engage with a Medicare Broker?
- President Biden’s Medicare Plan
- A Guide to Medicare HMO and PPO Options
- Medicare Part D Senior Savings Model: An Overview
- Do You Need Help with Medicare.gov?
- Medicare and Acupuncture
- Medicare vs Medicaid: What's the Difference?
- What to Do When Helping Parents with Medicare
- Understanding the Medicare Plans in NJ
- Medicare and Coronavirus
- Delaying Medicare Part B
- Finding Medicare Assistance
- How Do I Sign Up for Medicare Part B in New Jersey?
- Medicare Help—Making Medicare Easy
- PAAD: New Jersey's Prescription Assistance Program
- Medicare Insurance Agents and Brokers
- Finding Your NJ Medicare Broker
- Medicare Part D Eligibility
- Medicare Advantage (Part C)
- New Jersey's Dual-Eligible Special Needs Plans - The Facts
- Medicare Eligibilty Age
- Medicare through Social Security Disability in New Jersey - You Don't Just Age into the System
- New Jersey Senior Gold Assistance Program- What You Need to Know
- Assistance Programs in New Jersey for Medicare Eligibles
- Top 7 Medicare Mistakes
- Utilizing Your New Jersey Medicare Insurance Agent
- Medicare and High Income: Does Income Change the Cost of Medicare?
- Changing Medigap Plans
- Why Am I Getting A Bill For a Medicare Physical Exam
- How Medicare Brokers Can Help
- Republican Plans for Medicare in 2020
- What You Need to Know About Medicare in New Jersey
- NJ PAAD Application Help
- What Really Is Medicare for All?