How Important is the Medicare Star Rating?
The Medicare Star Rating is put into place to help you determine which plans are most highly rated as a whole in terms of coverage and costs, among other factors. Since there are numerous plans to pick from in New Jersey, the Medicare Star Rating can help you easily whittle down your choices.
Medicare Star Rating Categories
What are some of the categories used to garner each plan's Medicare Star Rating, and how often are ratings updated? Medicare Star Ratings are updated each October for the upcoming year. Medicare has a 1-5 Star Rating system, with 5 Stars being the best. Each Prescription Drug plan and Medicare Advantage option available in New Jersey has a Star Rating and is updated annually, so you're always getting the most up-to-date ratings.
Performance ratings cover several different categories, including:
- Wellness such as routine screenings, checkups, and exams
- Long-term illnesses and diseases and how they're managed
- Overall patient care
- Customer service when needed
- How many complaints have been filed, negative reviews, and patients who have switched a specific plan to select another one
Prescription drug plans that focus on only medication Medicare Star Ratings are measured in different categories.
Part D plans include:
- Pricing of medications, safe dispensing of drugs and controlled substances
- Customer service when used for any situation
- Specific member issues and reviews
- Complaints or problems members have with using the prescription plan
These categories comprise overall Medicare Star Ratings in New Jersey so you can easily see which plans are at the top of the list in terms of patient care, pricing, customer service, and so on.
How Do I Find My Plan's Medicare Star Rating?
As you begin to search for the right Medicare plan for yourself, here's how you find the Medicare Star Rating for each New Jersey Medicare option. If you're online, head over to the Plan Finder site.
This portal allows you to compare and contrast the available plans for your county in New Jersey and look at each plan's Medicare Star Rating. This breaks it all down and makes it easy and accessible for you to view the aggregated data that makes up each Medicare Star Rating.
The Medicare and You handbook also lists the Star Ratings every year. To ensure you have the most up to date information you may want to contact New Jersey Medicare Brokers.
Remember, the Medicare Star Rating is only one factor to consider when choosing a plan; you also have to consider pricing and own personal needs.
Contact New Jersey Medicare Brokers today to discuss your plan options.
- What are my dental insurance options while on Medicare?
- 2024 Changes to the NJ PAAD and Senior Gold programs: GSK and Eli Lily Participation
- Medicare and Social Security updates for 2024
- 2024 Medicare Enrollment Period
- Medicare Announces Price Negotiations on 10 Prescriptions
- New and Expanded state assistance programs for Seniors in New Jersey - NJ PAAD, Senior Gold, NJ Freeze & Stay NJ
- Supporting a loved one on Medicare in New Jersey
- Five reasons to work with a Medicare Insurance Broker in New Jersey
- NJ FamilyCare, PAAD, and Senior Gold Renewal- Post COVID-19 Emergency Declaration
- 6 Ways to Prepare for Medicare if You’re Working Past 65
- Medicare updates for 2023!
- Medicare Annual Election Period ends 12/7 and NJ State Assistance thresholds have updated for 2023!
- Medicare Advantage Versus Medicare Supplement – What’s the difference?
- Shingles vaccines are $0 in 2023 thanks to the Inflation Reduction Act!
- Medicare Premium is Going Down in 2023! Medicare Annual Enrollment Period is here!
- Protecting Yourself Against Medicare Scams
- Medicare changes when moving to or from New Jersey
- Medicare Premium Payment Options
- NJ PAAD and Senior Gold raised their qualifications by $10,000 in 2022!
- The Medicare Advertisements should stop after December 7th!
- Medicare Open Enrollment Period Continues Until December 7th
- 2022 Medicare Open Enrollment Period
- What will you be billed for a hospital stay with Medicare coverage?
- Understanding Medicare and IRMAA - Income Related Monthly Adjustment Amount
- Does Medicare Cover Gym Membership?
- Are you insured when traveling with Medicare?
- Medicare and Dental
- What to Know when you Qualify for Medicare due to Disability in New Jersey
- What to Know About Medicare and COBRA
- What to Know About Visiting a New Jersey Social Security / Medicare Office
- Options for New Jersey Prescription Help
- How Important is the Medicare Star Rating?
- Medicare Assignment
- Why Should You Engage with a Medicare Broker?
- President Biden’s Medicare Plan
- A Guide to Medicare HMO and PPO Options
- Medicare Part D Senior Savings Model: An Overview
- Do You Need Help with Medicare.gov?
- Medicare and Acupuncture
- Medicare vs Medicaid: What's the Difference?
- What to Do When Helping Parents with Medicare
- Understanding the Medicare Plans in NJ
- Medicare and Coronavirus
- Delaying Medicare Part B
- Finding Medicare Assistance
- How Do I Sign Up for Medicare Part B in New Jersey?
- Medicare Help—Making Medicare Easy
- PAAD: New Jersey's Prescription Assistance Program
- Medicare Insurance Agents and Brokers
- Finding Your NJ Medicare Broker
- Medicare Part D Eligibility
- Medicare Advantage (Part C)
- New Jersey's Dual-Eligible Special Needs Plans - The Facts
- Medicare Eligibilty Age
- Medicare through Social Security Disability in New Jersey - You Don't Just Age into the System
- New Jersey Senior Gold Assistance Program- What You Need to Know
- Assistance Programs in New Jersey for Medicare Eligibles
- Top 7 Medicare Mistakes
- Utilizing Your New Jersey Medicare Insurance Agent
- Medicare and High Income: Does Income Change the Cost of Medicare?
- Changing Medigap Plans
- Why Am I Getting A Bill For a Medicare Physical Exam
- How Medicare Brokers Can Help
- Republican Plans for Medicare in 2020
- What You Need to Know About Medicare in New Jersey
- NJ PAAD Application Help
- What Really Is Medicare for All?